Wednesday, October 24, 2007

October in Maine

October is coming to a close; the leaves are still beautiful but falling, now. We still have flowers in our front yard; one purple gladiolus bloomed and I snatched it to put into a vase in the kitchen. I detected a chill in the air downtown and wore a jacket but of course the Mainers were all in their shirtsleeves. Winter is coming, but it isn't here yet!

You may notice the picture of me in front of a lot of portraits. This is my wall of linoleum prints, hand-painted. There are 20 in the edition of "Memory of Ofelia" and fourteen are exhibited at Ofelia's in downtown Bangor. It is a rare experience for a printmaker to have most of an edition up on the wall...kind of the Warhol effect! Opening night of the exhibit was a lot of fun, with music and refreshments and plenty of people enjoying the artistic ambience.

1 comment:

Jess~ca said...

It snowed the other night here in Utah, and then a week later it was blazing hot! I am excited for the winter because that means hot chocolate/tomato soup/cozy fires... but snow is not something I like to have around all the time :(
-Love,
Jessica